Stop Smoking Program
Do you want to quit smoking? Live longer by quitting the habit that is the number one cause of premature death. Quitting smoking can also save you over $5000 annually. Now is the time to act with the Dauphin Clinic Pharmacy here to support you every step of the way!
Simple Yet Effective Program for only $99!
The Dauphin Clinic Pharmacy's Stop Smoking Program is a personalized plan designed to help you quit smoking with the help of our professionally trained pharmacists and friendly staff. When designing your smoking cessation plan, our personal program incorporates numerous aspects to help you succeed including your:
- Health profile
- Smoking habits
- Previously failed smoking cessation methods
The Stop Smoking Program begins with you completing a personal health profile, smoking assessment, and a 24 hour smoking log. Afterwards, a pharmacist will have a one-on-one consultation to generate a personalized plan. Each plan is unique to the individual and will include aspects such as tools and medication to help overcome smoking, tips and tricks to combat personal smoking habits, and motivation to help you become smoke free.
After a plan has been created, together you and a pharmacist will designate a quit day and will work together to prepare for this day. One week after quitting, our pharmacist will follow-up on your progress and make alterations to the plan if required. We will continue to follow-up on your progress during your smoking cessation journey.
You will be asked questions about your general health and the medications you are taking. This will form your DCP Health Profile. Filling out your profile for the first time will take you 30-45 minutes. You only have to do it once and it lets our pharmacists know about health conditions you have and medications you are taking which may affect the way they help you.
After your Health Profile, you will be asked to fill out a much shorter questionnaire about your smoking history. Finally, your last registration task will require you to log every cigarette you smoke for 24 hours.
Once you finish the Health Profile, Smoking Assessment and Smoking Log, a Dauphin Clinic Pharmacist will contact you and make arrangements to lead you through the rest of the program.
Benefits of Having a Pharmacist Help You Quit Smoking
The Dauphin Clinic Pharmacy has a wide variety of resources to help accomplish your goal to quit smoking. Specifically, having a pharmacist by your side provides you with:
- Professional smoking cessation training
- Doctor access for smoking cessation prescriptions
- Relapse analysis which increases likelihood in successful cessation and increases prevention of future relapses
Is Today the Day You Will Be Smoke Free?
- Within 8 hours of quitting – Carbon Monoxide levels drop and oxygen levels go back to normal
- Within 48 hours of quitting – The chances of having a heart attack start decreasing and the senses of taste and smell start improving
- Within 72 hours of quitting – Bronchial tubes relax, which makes breathing easier, and lung capacity increases
- Within 2 weeks to 3 months of quitting – Blood circulation gets better and lung function improves by as much as 30%
- Within 6 months of quitting – coughing, tiredness, sinus congestion and shortness of breath improve
- Within 1 year of quitting – The risk of heart attack due to smoking falls to half that of someone who still smokes.
- Within 10 years of quitting – The risk of dying from lung cancer falls to half that of someone who still smokes.
- Within 15 years of quitting – The risk of dying from a heart attack becomes the same as for someone who has never smoked.
This stop smoking program has been great. I've always appreciated the service I got at the Dauphin Clinic Pharmacy. This stop smoking program went above and beyond their usual good service.
I'm down to 10 cigarettes per day now. That is really good for me. I hope I can cut down even further.
I feel really good that I don't actually want to smoke that much anymore. Not usually. I had a few slips. I got some phone calls from my family that really upset me, and I started smoking again. But the pharmacists at the Clinic Pharmacy helped me get through the rough patches and get back on track.
Right now I'm smoke free and I don't plan on every buying another pack.
I really think this stop smoking program at the Dauphin Clinic Pharmacy helped me a lot. I am really grateful to Trevor for helping me to try to quit.
With this stop smoking program I'm down to only 4 cigarettes per day and I think I'm just about ready to quit for good.